Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy, busy, busy....

Okay, I'm not neglecting my blog (yes, I am)...I'm just in panic-mode right now. My Breaking Dawn Party is next week. July 29 @ 4:30pm, Irving's Central Library, featuring The Bella Cullen Project. They'll be selling Cd's and signing autographs too.

Moving on....I just finished reading The Day I Killed James by Catherine Ryan Hyde. And okay, I knew from the title it would be depressing, but boy was it. Yuck. Don't get me wrong, it's a good book. I just didn't need the doom and gloom it provided. It's got a very good message about suicide and the power of our actions & thoughts. Very deep. Too bad I was looking for fun and shallow.

So, I started reading Generation Dead by Daniel Waters. I was like okay, zombies. Is this going to be any good? And I can't put it down! The idea is fascinating. A phenomena is occurring across the US. Teens are dying, and then waking up again. However, since they've officially died, they have no rights and it's not illegal to kill a zombie. It's got a little bit of everything in it so far...romance, political issues, racism (actually, bioism), and high school tension.

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's very moving and powerful. Can a live girl fall in love with a zombie? Or will someone kill them both before it's too late? Even I haven't found out yet...I'll let you know how it ends.

No comments: