Saturday, June 14, 2008

Twilight Read-Alikes

Okay, I'm starting the sequel to Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. I have to admit I only read the first one because it was suggested to me as a Twilight read-alike. It's not. At least not for me. It's dark and gloomy with an unsatisfying ending, IMHO. I have to admit that the only reason I'm reading this one is that I read the first one, so I have to know what happens whether I like it or not (silly reason--I know). We'll see if I make it through. Sorry for those of you who liked Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange. Maybe this one will change my mind about the series.....

If you really want a Twilight read-alike, I suggest you try The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones. It's the first in a trilogy, which I've all read all three. And they're a good mix of fantasy and romance. Much more to my liking. Currently my library only has the first installment, but I'll be trying to buy the other two as they come out in paperback. In case you want to try and find the other two, the second one is The Lost Queen and the last one is The Sorcerer King.

No comments: