Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Okay, so I'm a little ways into it. And I must say I like it better than the first one so far. It is still really dark and gothic--bordering on the grotesque when it comes to describing the Dark Court fey. It's summer out....I need some light beach reading!! Not that I'm going to a beach anytime soon. Anyone got any suggestions?

BTW, I did get around to reading these from my "What I Can't Wait For List..." that I haven't mentioned yet. They're all worth a read.


Lock and Key
by Sarah Dessen

This one was great....it looks like Dessen has gotten back on track after Just Listen. This one reads like her best works. A classic romance and tragedy all rolled into one!


The Adoration of Jenna Fox
by Mary E. Pearson
This one was a breeze to read. I couldn't put it down, and the book was over before I knew it. After waking up from a coma after 18 months, Jenna finds that she doesn't remember her life before the accident at all. However, she can recite Walden word for word. What are her parents hiding? Even though the ending is tied up a little too neatly, this is a fast read that's worth the time.


Footfree and Fancyloose
by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain

In the sequel to Bass Ackwards and Belly Up, the story picks up right where the first one left off. Despite being scattered across the world, these four friends manage to help each other through their first difficult year after high school. This one is just as good as the first and leaves an opening for another installment. You can't miss this one if you loved The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.

No comments: