Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stephenie Meyer

I must gush. I got up at the ungodly hour of 4am and headed off to Frisco this morning. I sat in the cold and wet for 2 & a half hours. And...it was worth it. I was rewarded with not only with Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host (which I have to admit I've had an advance reading copy sitting on my desk for over a month...just too busy), but I got a ticket to go see her speak on Saturday and for a book signing. Since I got there so early I got a ticket in the auditorium for row D. As in the 4th row!!!

I have to admit I'm feeling a big dorky by this point. I mean, I've stood in line for countless concerts. Prided myself on getting front row seats to see over a hundred bands, but to do all this for an author? All I can say is....I wish I could write like that.

The only other author I can imagine with this kind of draw is J.K. Rowling (you knew that already). But I don't think I'd want to meet her now. The series is done. My questions are answered. Anything else she could add to HP would only ruin what is in my mind a complete story. But Mrs. Meyer, we're all still on the edge of our seats. There's still so much more to find out. Added bonus: It's got vampires.

Hope you were one of the lucky few. In which case, see ya Saturday.

No comments: